Job Location and Department
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Collaborate and coordinate all marketing functions within the Marching / Educational Percussion category. Proactively create strategies for select distribution channels and market segments to increase sales and profitability. Build relationships internally and externally to create product loyalty. Collaborate with Category Manager to create marketing strategies and business plans to achieve the company’s strategic short term and long term business development objectives in accordance with company policies and sound business practices.
- Collaborate and coordinate all marketing functions within the assigned category.
- Oversee and evaluate market research, including financial, technological, and demographic factors and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors competitors’ products, sales, and marketing activities and provides competitive product information and analysis constantly and consistently.
- Researches, analyzes and recommends product improvements and features based on market demand, and works with engineering, production and foreign suppliers to innovate, manufacture, package and deliver new products.
- Develop and recommend product positioning and pricing strategy to maximize profitability and market share.
- Assists with forecasting, implementing, and monitoring operating budget.
- Provide creative material for website, print and other advertising means.
- Develops campaigns for products that help drive the overall demand for the category.
- Assists with product trade shows and educational clinics. Represents company at key trade shows.
- Build relationships internally and externally with key influencers to create product loyalty.
- Bachelor degree with emphasis in music, business, marketing, and/or engineering.
- Minimum 2 years experience in marketing and/or sales management experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to analyze and organize recommendations from wide range of sources.
- Proven interpersonal skills, written and oral communication and initiative.
- Experience playing percussion instruments a plus.
- Self-Starter with strong initiative willing to challenge the status quo.
- Requires some traveling
- High level of manual dexterity.
- Ability to travel independently.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.